Board Member Duties
Voting Begins November 4, 2019
- Presides at all meetings of the members, all meetings of the chapter board of directors and attends regional and national convention.
- Serves as spokesperson for the chapter. Manages the business of the chapter and sees that all orders and resolutions are carried into effect.
- Appoints all committee chairs.
- Has the power to remove any person or persons from any committee.
- Attends national conventions and regional conference or can appoint another chapter officer to represent the chapter.
- Represents the chapter at all business and social functions.
- Call regular and special meetings of the members at any time deemed necessary.
- Is ex-officio member of all standing committees, except the nomination and election committee.
- Has the authority to sign checks, along with the treasurer.
- Maintains close contact with the regional vice president.
- Voting member of the Board of Governors during his attendance at the national convention. Probationary period has to be over and chapter has to be chartered.
- Is a member of the Chapter’s Board of Directors and of the American Culinary Federation.
- Serves a minimum of a two year term.
Vice President’s Duties
- Acts in the capacity of the president in the absence of the president.
- Performs other duties as may be designated by the president.
- Is familiar with all the duties of the president and other officers.
- Is a member of the chapter’s board of directors and of ACF.
- Is responsible for keeping full and accurate financial records for the chapter.
- Prepares a monthly report on chapter finances and submits copies of financial statements.
- Is authorized to sign checks.
- Makes all deposits and is responsible for holding all money and shall collect all money at the general meetings, dinners, special events, raffles, etc… in the name of the chapter.
- Releases all financial records when so instructed by the chapter’s board of directors.
- Is a member of the chapter’s Board of Directors and of the ACF.
- Attends all meetings of the chapter and the chapter board of directors.
- Responsible for recording minutes of every meeting and maintains a permanent record.
- Keeps a record of the membership and dues.
- Mails notices of regular and special meetings.
- Notifies all new members of their election to membership.
- Is the custodian of the corporate seal and all related documents.
- Notifies ACF about new officers and/or new members.
- Notifies ACF of address changes for any member in the chapter.
- Is a member of the chapter’s Board of Director’s and of the ACF.